Saint Stephen’s seeks Business Manager – including managing Café
- deadline 13 July
We wish to appoint a person committed to the vision and values of Saint Stephen’s as we create “a home for engaged spirituality creating communities of wholeness with Christ at the source” in the heart of the city centre.
Saint Stephen’s Business Manager will take responsibility for business life and administration including our popular weekdays Café.
Encouraging recent development requires a person to join the team who will bring experience and enterprise to share in the next stages of this city centre ministry.
The programme of gatherings at Saint Stephen’s ranges from Christian meditation to visual arts spirituality, from connecting with people at work to those pursuing new callings.
The Café has become a unique meeting place with an interesting menu and atmosphere enabling the mission of Saint Stephen’s. The Business Manager will work collaboratively with the Assistant Café Manager in sharing responsibilities.
This new appointment is planned to support the growth and financial sustainability of the whole venture and the person appointed will be a core member of the team.
The person appointed will work from the well-equipped office as well as specific agreed times in the Café, to value and secure the management function involved in that aspect of the work.
Working with the Church Council and Priest-in-charge, we anticipate the role will grow with the whole of Saint Stephen’s and therefore offers considerable satisfaction and fulfillment.
- Management of the use of the building in shaping and expressing our purpose
- Diary management, liaison and co-ordinationn for groups and events at Saint Stephen’s, including the bookshop
- Sharing financial management of Saint Stephen’s in collaboration with the bookkeeper and treasurer
- Promotion of Saint Stephen’s, in collaboration, using notice boards, leaflets and website/internet
- Management of food preparation and the delivery of the Café menu and pricing policy
- Arranging and managing purchasing accounts for Café supplies, collaborating with Assistant Cafe Manager
- Overseeing Café staffing and supply of voluntary workers in collaboration with the Assistant Manager.
The person appointed will need to be:
- Skilled and effective with excellent interpersonal ability in meeting a wide range of people
- Energised and experienced in business enterprise to foster Saint Stephen’s vision
- Passionate about people, and at home with the hospitality business
- Skilled with software, data, website and internet literate, including social media
- Effective with budgeting, financial planning and stock control
- Familiar with Health and Safety, Human Resouces and food policies
- Able to multi-task maintaining a positive attitude.
Hours of work, normally Monday to Friday 9 am to 4pm including agreed-time working daily in the office and Café.
Salary: Starts at 17,000 per annum. Three-month probationary period with six-month review.
Application by letter by 13th July 2012 following the structure of this paper and itemising experience with two references.
Informal discussion welcome – contact City Canon and Priest-in-charge Tim Higgins (contact details below).
Make things happen in the centre of Bristol
email email@example.com. uk
Tim Higgins 0117 929 4984